Dragging an old thread out of the depths of history:

Our ancient Samsung printer has lately been dumping blue stripes on some pages and otherwise misbehaving. I'll note that the supply chain woes for laser printers seem to have resolved. You can now buy pretty much any printer you want and they're all in stock and shipping immediately.

So, after a bunch of research, I decided to go for a Brother workgroup-class color laser (https://www.brother-usa.com/products/hll8360cdw). What tipped the scales for me is that it apparently ships with full-capacity cartridges, rather than low-capacity, plus it explicitly supports gigabit Ethernet, so it should be able to run quickly on my home network. Also, all the HP printer comments are chock full of HP's DRM toner lockout shenanigans, which I emphatically don't want to deal with.

Anyway, we'll see how this shakes out. I suppose I should have no qualms about replacing a circa 2008 printer in 2023. Fifteen years and still kinda working represents a good run. I don't think I have anything else on the home network older than it.