I have a Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0A. This model of mouse has not been in production for some years, although occasionally it comes up as a used item at extortionate prices. It measures five inches in length, is a simple two button mouse with scroll wheel. I like the size and the functionality.

After years of use, the scroll wheel is beginning to work erratically, and I cannot see any non-destructive way to disassemble/clean the mechanism.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a full-size (~5") wireless optical mouse? Rechargeable USB would be a bonus, but not required.

As a bonus, I offer my recipe for a pretty good mouse pad: create an Excel spreadsheet with columns A through FZ (that's 156 columns) by 240 rows. Column width 1. Row Height 10. Borders "Thick". This will print nicely on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper and leave you with quarter inch margins. You'll want to laminate the printed sheet, other wise it won't last. Best mouse pad I ever had. Cheapest, too, unless you factor in a couple thousand dollars invested in the computer and monitor, the duplexing color laser printer, the laminating machine and materials.

tanstaafl.

Attachments
P1010644-W1200.jpg