Probably because the last frame of the boot animation logo is almost identical to the custom logo.

Oh, I just looked at your attachment. Yes, that picture is the same as the last frame of the original logo. The reason I posted that frame to the logo site is so that others could use it as a basis for modifications.

If you completely delete any custom logos from your player, it will still look the same because you don't have anything special in your custom logo. You don't need to have it display the custom logo to see Tux wave. If that's all you want it to show, then just set your personality to "empeg" and delete the logo from the player. If you want it to show the Rio animation at startup, then set the personality to Rio and delete the logo from the player.

What I do is I take that picture of Tux and then I put my name and phone number in place of the word Empeg. So that way, it boots up with tux walking onscreen, sitting down, waving, and then my name and phone number shows up with Tux still sitting there.