I didn't see any of the "n/n", but I don't think that's really related to this issue.

The "Created" tag is a time stamp of when the file was created (uploaded) to the empeg. An example of the tag is as follows:

01/07/2002 01:59:23 AM

This is similar to the Last Played Time. The reason I ask is because I came across this page in the FAQ and was reading about the shuffle modes and how you could customize them.

I thought it would be cool to create a new shuffle mode called "Most Recently Created" (or something like that). CTIME is one of the variables you can use in your shuffle modes.

Although I don't fully understand how the variables work (maybe one of the programmers can help...), I came up with this definition for "Least Recently Created".

shuffle0=Newest First,CTIME=32000

I ran into two problems while trying to test. First is the above problem. Since half of my tracks don't seem to have a Created time, the shuffle seems to be randomly picking from those first.

To get around this problem, I decided to create a custom playlist with a bunch of tracks that had varying creation times. I then noticed my second issue. Although it seemed to be working, a couple of tracks were out of place. It seemed to think that 01/10/2002 was older than 11/17/2001. I wonder if they're using a standard UNIX time comparison.

Well, at least this was sort of working. I then tried negating the CTIME, hopefully yielding my "Most Recently Created". But, nothing seemed to have changed.

So, can anybody assist me with these? Has anybody else here created custom shuffle modes?