First, let me start at the end...

Tony, mind passing me the bulk of the AD server host names from your HOSTS file? This is an awesome idea and I don't know why I didn't think of it. My hosts file had only one item in it: a remaping of an NNTP server.

Other than checking on player name to distinguish players, it would (I suspect) also be possible to identify individual players based on their hardware address. During setup of this small app, it would be nice for it to display this, allowing you to configure the mapping. Right now it's available (along with the fixed or assigned IP address) on the Player's About menu screen - it scrolls by too fast for me

I'd also need this little program for Windows. Ideally, once configured, I'd like to be able to just launch it with a double-click or from a toolbar. It should do its business and end itself transparently. Not popping up any dialogs. For configuration, it might be able to support a command line switch to cause a dialog to come up identifying the players and letting you fill out the needed information. Or we could just put that information manually into a config text file next to the executable.

I'd probably prefer it to use a small text file for its config, not the registry, and hopefully it won't have any dependencies on any dlls or other files.

Lastly, thanks for bringing this up in here.

Bruno