Oh, I thought your whole purpose of creating the equal weighting was to avoid the clustering. I may try this when I have more time to follow your detailed instructions (thanks again BTW). With JEmplode it sounds easy/painless enough to do.

As an aside...
-----------
I have all my top-level lists set to randomize, but as soon as the player gets down one sub-list, it goes in order. I should report this as a bug... I have Artists A-L, Artists M-Z, Compilations and Downloads lists. In each one of those I then have artist and album lists. All the top lists have the random property (and so do the artist lists). When I play the whole player randomly however, it will pick one of the 4 main lists at random, but will then play the first artist and the first album within the chosen list (ie. the random setting for those lists isn't honoured).
------------

Hmmm.. I just checked my player and it appears for some reason all the random properties are now OFF for some reason. Very odd. I just fixed everything up and will test this again. If I'm lucky it's working and we can just ignore what I wrote above.

EDIT: Woohoo! Seems to be working. Don't know why it didn't when I last tried it. But now that I think about it, that could have been back with 1.03. Of course I still have to install Jemplode to help me make other lists by dragging from the soup views... (Tony, this inability in emplode has already been flagged as a bug, right? Or at least some feature that should have a way to over-ride or modify the bahaviour of?)

Bruno

Edited by hybrid8 (04/03/2002 21:07)