i purposely wired both the ignition wire and the constant power wire together so that the empeg will never go OFF when i remove the key/turn it to off position, for the reason that i frequently have the car "in demo mode" heh, which basically means i need to be able to turn off the car and walk away with the keys in hand while the stereo plays happily. at night the empeg stays in the car in the garage and is in standby all the time, the LED pulses away happily. i do use the car almost every day but on occasion i have left it 2 days, and it still seems to start fine, voltmeter says the charge still remains about the same.

i USED to have it wired as recommended, and i set the timeout to a ridiculously long time hoping that it would be the equivalent of having it on all the time... but i was entering amounts like 384,000 seconds for timeout and it only worked intermittantly... starting the car at the wrong time would seem to override this setting and kill the unit prematurely, strange things luike that - in the end i just went and re-wired it.

just my $0.02 anyway as i havent had a problem in this area at all, in this method of use.