Like probably most people here I have about a dozen email addresses, one of which is a Yahoo account. As some of you might know, recently Yahoo! decided that free email doesn't make money (took them long enough!) and made the POP3 retrieval a pay-only service (web mail is still free.)

Well I hate web mail, and apparently I'm not alone. I recently came across a program called YahooPops which is a little tiny POP3 daemon that sits in your tray and, when your email client connects, goes and gets your mail from Yahoo via the webmail interface and deposits it in your POP3 client's inbox. You set up your client to use localhost as your POP3 server, but it actually goes out to Yahoo and acts as a POP3->webmail bridge. It seems to be working very well for me, and I wanted to share the link for anyone else who still uses a Yahoo email account.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/yahoopops/

I'm guessing it could be subject to Yahoo's lawyers cease and desisting them at some point, and certainly Yahoo could try to shake them by changing the web page layouts, etc. (kinda like AOL did with Instant messenger to try to thwart Trillian users)... But until that happens, this little app will save me a lot of time.