Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#110253 - 09/08/2002 15:37 Looking for a decent PC case to...
BartDG
carpal tunnel

Loc: Bruges, Belgium
...build a watercooled system with.

More precise, I need a case with a standard hole in the back that will fit a 120mm fan. This is needed for the radiator, either this one or this one, I'm not sure yet.

As for the water cooling equipent itself, I'll use Innovatek stuff. I take the basic watercooling kit (this one) as a guideline and make a few adjustments, since I'll also be using a harddisk cooler, a video card cooler and a chipset cooler. I might also go for the more powerful Eheim 1048 pump.

So I've pretty much got that covered. But as I said in the beginning of this post : the case is still a problem. I just can't seem to find a decent one. I've been looking at Lian-Li's and Chieftec's stuff, and though I very much like their cases (I have two chieftecs now), there really isn't anything in their productlist that fits my needs.
I know that I can pull out the old drilling machine and do the mods myself, but that's something I'd like to save as a last-resort-option.

Can any of you guys help?

Thanks!

#110254 - 09/08/2002 17:17 Re: Looking for a decent PC case to... [Re: BartDG]
Legoverse
journeyman

Loc: Mesa, AZ
Not exactly what you asked for....
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/Category/category_slc.asp?Id=3208 since it is a complete case with cooling system. Just thought I'd mention it, as their latest catalog just came yesterday.

#110255 - 10/08/2002 01:52 Re: Looking for a decent PC case to... [Re: Legoverse]
BartDG
carpal tunnel

Loc: Bruges, Belgium
No this isn't what I'm looking for, but thanks anyway.

Actually, this is the PC case I've got now, upgraded with a watercooling system by Koolance. I've looked at this case before since I know and like it, but several reviews told me this is not a good option : it doesn't cool very adequately and it's supposedly very noisy because of the three small fans on the radiator.