Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#122031 - 21/10/2002 03:36 PC location - a bad room?
CrackersMcCheese
pooh-bah

Hi

Had my Dell system for about 3 weeks now, and its in the spare room as this is the only place it can fit!

This room is also used for.... a LOT or ironing! You can imagine how steamy this room gets. I never have condensation or moisture on the monitor or actual unit, so I'm assuming that its not going to affect the PC and my precious hard disk. Right or wrong?

Cheers

#122032 - 21/10/2002 08:37 Re: PC location - a bad room? [Re: CrackersMcCheese]
lectric
pooh-bah

Loc: New Orleans, LA
Should not be an issue at all... You and a friend in the same room will put out as much steam as any iron. Computers are NOT nearly as fragile as people like to think. I used to work for the power company, and I was AMAZED at all the places/conditions that computers were being used. One that comes to mind was one sitting about 15 feet from the main coal generator, massive emi, massive amount of coal dust completely obscuring the keyboard and screen.

Mason

#122033 - 21/10/2002 15:48 Re: PC location - a bad room? [Re: lectric]
tman
carpal tunnel

Yep. I can agree there. I've seen some hardware with a half inch thick layer of unidentified crud all over the boards. Worked fine before and after cleaning it.

So long as nothing shorts out components on the board or causes overheating, a motherboard is quite resilient.

- Trevor