Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#155751 - 17/04/2003 08:38 Move tags from old mp3's to new ones?
jules

Loc: Indiana USA
Folks,

Does anyone know of a tool that would make it easy to mass copy tags from existing mp3's to newly ripped/encoded versions of the same music? I had spent hundreds of hours tagging my collection, but it is not particularly well ripped and encoded. I am now re-ripping and encoding the same collection and want to just move the tags from the old mp3s. It would be best if it could be made to work on the basis of identical directory structure and first two characters in the file name (the track number), but if identical file names are required I could manually make it so.

Pointers will be greatly appreciated.

#155752 - 17/04/2003 09:16 Re: Move tags from old mp3's to new ones? [Re: jules]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
You might want to look at MP3 Tag Studio. It will autogenerate tags based on directory structure that you can specify.

#155753 - 17/04/2003 10:37 Re: Move tags from old mp3's to new ones? [Re: pgrzelak]
jules

Loc: Indiana USA
Thanks. I've looked at tag studio before. Tag&Rename, which I use, will also do that. My problem is that the tags I have span beyond what I have in directory structure (e.g., year and comments). Setting the proper directory structure for the new files would amount to the same work as setting tags.