Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#166394 - 24/06/2003 07:26 Re: new rifle [Re: ]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
So your shooting range also has knife-throwing targets?

Now, go hunting with only the knife and I'll give my respect for that. Hunt with the semi-automatic weapon and that'll just be lame.

#166395 - 24/06/2003 07:33 Re: new rifle [Re: pgrzelak]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think it might also be illegal in NJ because of the size of the clip.

Yes, I know there are several states that ban hi-capacity magazines. I know Maryland is one of these. Although the gun is legal there, the hi-cap mags aren't legal to sell there. I'm not sure about NJ, but that sounds about right.
I own a Bushmaster AR15 and after the new wears off, it is really kind of boring. I would much rather shoot bolt action rifles (preferably a Winchester .308) to see what kind of groupings I can get. More of a challenge than just blasting away with a semiauto.

Yeah, I know what you mean about the accuracy. It's just so damn fun shooting this gun though, and it's a nice piece to have in the collection. I was originally going to get an AR but it's too much money for now.
They probably replaced those parts to make it semi-automatic - the original is fully automatic.

No, that's not it. The BATF has a list of about 20 parts. Only 10 of any combination of those parts on an imported gun are allowed in. This AK has 15 parts on the list, so 5 had to be replaced with US-made parts, which surprisingly aren't as high quality as the parts made in a 3rd world country.
I got some NATO rounds (I think) that had a steel center covered by copper. Those will shoot through a 3/8 inch steel plate like a drill!

No kidding! I had some wolf FMJ and I was surprised when it shot straight through a steel pipe.
Yeah I got to shoot a Romanian AK-47 and let me tell you the thing was a piece of junk. You could usually get about 12 rounds off in succession (semi-auto) before it jammed and then you had to take it apart to remove the bullet because the spring wouldnt do it job once it got hot. And accuracy was pitful. Id rather shoot a 30-06 or a 12 gauge anyday.

Well any gun that you don't take care of will become a piece of junk. The AK is one of the most reliable rifles ever made. I shot 250 rounds this weekend without a single jam. I have read on AK message boards of people shooting thousands of rounds in their Romanian SAR-1's without ever having a jam. These guns are designed to be mass produced in shitty factories by retarded apes and hold up in the worst conditions. These are not precisely built rifles made to shoot like a 30-06. They are close range battle rifles. But let me see you shoot someone at 200 yards with a 12 guage. Just because you once drove a ragged out Porche from the 1980's that had three hundred thousand miles on it, it doesn't mean all Porches suck.

#166396 - 24/06/2003 07:35 Re: new rifle [Re: tracerbullet]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, I disagree. Former troll perhaps, but for many moons now I've seen differently.

LOL, thanks Tracer.

#166397 - 24/06/2003 07:36 Re: new rifle [Re: Dignan]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now, go hunting with only the knife and I'll give my respect for that. Hunt with the semi-automatic weapon and that'll just be lame.

Not as lame as driving to the supermarket!

#166398 - 25/06/2003 11:26 Re: new rifle [Re: ]
genixia
Carpal Tunnel

Not as lame as driving to the supermarket!

LOL. But the alternative is a frightening prospect. Can you imagine the average human population of a supermarket all roaming around woodlands with semi-automatics?

#166399 - 25/06/2003 12:15 Re: new rifle [Re: genixia]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
Seeing the damage they do with a shopping trolly a semi automatic just doesn't bare thinking about

#166400 - 25/06/2003 21:55 Re: new rifle [Re: thinfourth2]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Yeah, but that's not necessarily the fault of the shopper -- it's those damn wobbly wheels on the carts!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2