Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#169816 - 09/07/2003 15:22 Bluetooth printers?
jbauer
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Hi All,

So Dignan's thread got me looking into Bluetooth stuff. Started with Microsofts keyboard and mouse. Looks cool. I also need a printer.

A few questions:

1) Anyone had experience with the bluetooth Microsoft keyboard and mouse? Do they work the way wired devices work without issue?
2) Any leads on Bluetooth printers? I looked at both the Epson and Canon site and see that they sell an adaptor so that you can use Bluetooth with their printers, but can you buy a decent printer with Bluetooth built in?

Are their other devices that are cool to have (and eliminate wires) with Bluetooth integration?

- Thanx
- Jon

#169817 - 09/07/2003 15:24 Re: Bluetooth printers? [Re: jbauer]
tman
carpal tunnel

The HP 995C has built in Bluetooth. I was going to get it but ended up with a 970 instead.

#169818 - 09/07/2003 20:43 Re: Bluetooth printers? [Re: jbauer]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
By most of the accounts I've read, the microsoft bluetooth adapter is very limited and won't work with much besides the MS keyboard and mouse. Do a search on the esato.com forums for microsoft bluetooth if you want to learn more. It may be that the keyboard and mouse work well with a real non-MS bluetooth adapter.

Printer wise, I can't help you at all. I personally would be tempted to go with a wifi print server instead, as the range and such is better. Actually, I'd go for an wired printer, with wifi for the laptop. Being a Real Geek, wires I don't have to mess with don't really bother me, and they're more reliable that wireless at this point.

Matthew