Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#208304 - 05/03/2004 19:09 ATI RADEON (Mac) Beta Inquiry - Interested?
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
I've posted a similar message to a number of other forums and thought, "hey, what the hell" and decided to post here as well. I know there are at least a few Mac users. As mentioned below, the frst phase (the proof-of-concept if you will) of the program I'm trying to start up will deal primarily with retail RADEON products (from the oldest to the current flagship). But if all seems to be going well, I will shortly open up the program to users of OEM products as we're definitely expanding our control panel/applications to offer more features for those products as well. Of course the drivers are the same and always will be.

I'll be setting up a forum to host this closed beta cycle and participants will be first in line for some future *much cooler* product testing as well. Someone suggsted I try to do give-aways (in the form of a draw) to participants and that's something I'm thinking about.

Anyway, here is the original post:

I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in beta-testing some RADEON-based software which may include any of the following: drivers, applications, control panels.

Requirements*: Any RETAIL RADEON card, Mac OS X 10.2.8 or newer.

This is very informal at this point, but if you're interested, follow up to this post with the following information:

1. RADEON Graphics card card model(s) available to be used
2. Mac machine(s) used (G3, G4, G5 and what speed and RAM config)
3. Display(s) used - CRT/LCD/TV Make/Model and Top resolution(s)
4. Typical Computer Usage: Gaming, Digital Content Creation (Photoshop, 3D apps, etc..), Music, etc..
5. (*Bonus question) Do you have a Remote Wonder?

As above, at this time I'm only interested in testing for RETAIL RADEON cards. If this process works out, I will open up a future round to OEM graphics users.

If interested, just make sure your you can accept private messages on the BBS and I will contact you in private. If you have already contacted me on another forum, please don't reply here.

*If you have a Remote Wonder and are interested in participating in a future beta program, you do not need a RADEON graphics product. Reply if interested.

Thanks.
Bruno

#208305 - 06/03/2004 12:53 Re: ATI RADEON (Mac) Beta Inquiry - Interested? [Re: hybrid8]
drakino
carpal tunnel

1. ATI Radeon 32MB, this may be Retail or OEM, not sure exactly. The System Profiler shows:
ATY,RV200:
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x5157
2. PowerMac G4 Cube, 450mHz stock G4, 512MB RAM
3. Compaq P1100 21inch CRT, 2048x1536 @60HZ
4. Sits as a secondary work machine, so light web use, and music playback.
5. No remote wonder on this machine, but I do own one.

I also have the Powerbook for the OEM testing, 15 inch model with the Radeon Mobility 9600 driving multiple displays depending on the location.