Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#212937 - 13/04/2004 06:32 Player info sorting in Excel????
DBALKUNJR

I have quite a few files on my MK2a that do not have the year tag filled in. What I want to do is get a list of Albums that do not have a year tag without coming up with any duplicates. So for example after I sort all the data by the year column, I delete all the tracks that have a year entered in that field. So now I would end up with just tracks that do not have a year entered. Even after that I still have over 3500 tracks with no year filled in(I was real ignorant when I first started using EAC and did not always fill in that field).

Using that info I want to be able to create a list that will look at the album column first and then the artist column. Using that info it should then create a list of every unique combo from those two fields. Then armed with that info I can go and start retrieving the year for each particular album and start to fix the tags. This seems to be the quickest way. I tried using Tag & Rename using the allmusic.com search option, but I find it slower than I could do myself if I had a well put together list that i could just search for and then go back using MP3TS and fix them.

Any idea what I could use to accomplish this?

MK2 12Gb
MK2a 60Gb

#212938 - 13/04/2004 08:45 Re: Player info sorting in Excel???? [Re: DBALKUNJR]
DBALKUNJR

Ok, I figured out that if I used auto filtering and an if statement I was able to get what I needed.

MK2 12Gb
MK2a 60Gb