Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#220708 - 24/01/2002 03:46 Ripping of copy protected CDs
karbunkle
stranger

Loc: Netherlands
Sorry, I realise this isn't the right place to ask this question. When I joined this board a couple of weeks ago I could have sworn I saw a complete section with its own list of topics dedicated to the HSX-109. I suppose I'm doing something wrong with my personal settings...

Anyway, I was curious how the HSX-109 fared with copy-protected CDs using Mediacloq, Cactus, Safeaudio, whatever, as more and more CDs seem to be "protected".

I intend to return each every single CD I purchase that is protected in some way (way to go Drakino, BTW).

Thanks

#220709 - 24/01/2002 06:29 Re: Ripping of copy protected CDs [Re: karbunkle]
dschuetz
new poster

> When I joined this board a couple of weeks ago I could have
> sworn I saw a complete section with its own list of topics
> dedicated to the HSX-109

I did, too, and I was disappointed when it "went away" from my default view. It's still there, and though I haven't figured out how to show it as the default, you can see the forum by going to the Empeg BBS link above, then to the HSX-109 link on that forum.

Alternatively, if you look in the URL bar of your browser, you'll see that the page for the main index ends something like this: /php/ubbthreads.php?Cat=1,3. I've changed mine to "Cat=1,2,3", and bookmarked that page. Now, when I come in, I see both forums (HSX-109 and Receiver, but not Empeg, I think that's different software). Somehow, too, it keeps this setting, and the "Main Index" button throughout always brings me back to see both forums (for that session, anyway).

I wouldn't be surprised if this became a configurable option in the not-too-distant future... (I'd be equally unsurprised if it already were, and I simply missed it.)

#220710 - 24/01/2002 10:37 Re: Ripping of copy protected CDs [Re: dschuetz]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
You should be able to connect to the BBS by looking at the main parent page (http://rioreceiver.comms.net) and it should show all forums. At least that's how I do it.

As far as copy-protected CDs are concerned, I don't know. I don't own any to test against the HSX-109.

#220711 - 25/01/2002 03:35 Re: Ripping of copy protected CDs [Re: tfabris]
karbunkle
stranger

Hi David, Tony,

Thanks for suggestions, having logged on again today, all appears well.

Strange thing was that the entire section "Rio Advanced Digital Audio Center" wasn't visible on the main index page, even after going back and forth a couple of times and re-loading the page. Perhaps there's a bug which David suffered also? This on a Win ME PC with IE 5.5 BTW. Anyway, will keep David's suggestion in mind next time I loose this section again.

On to the subject itself of copy protected CDs, here's a useful link which tells you what CDs are "protected", or more accurately put, corrupted.

http://www.fatchucks.com/corruptcds/index.html

Here's one specifically for the UK, Europe:

http://uk.eurorights.org/issues/cd/bad/

Any of the other testers have experience with this?

I'll edit & repost appropriate sections in the "Rio Advanced Digital Audio Center"s Technical forum

#220712 - 25/01/2002 11:01 Re: Ripping of copy protected CDs [Re: karbunkle]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Try clearing out your cookies and logging into the BBS again from the root directory. Does that show all forums now?

#220713 - 28/01/2002 05:33 Re: Ripping of copy protected CDs [Re: tfabris]
karbunkle
stranger

Nah, Deleted 2 cookies from 2 different sessions, works once. Thanks though.

Noticed that on Empeg site you can select to go to either one now. Still I'm actually interested in both, so wouldn't mind seeing both section in the same session, not a big deal, don't spend (waste) time on it...