Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#223579 - 30/08/2003 15:50 TRio News Ticker on clock applet?
mikewinter
stranger

Hi, Trio is a great piece of work. This is by far the best rio client availible.

One wish: How about a News ticker on the clock applet? I'd like to have the ability to grab an RSS feed and have the trio display the headlines. I.e. Trio could be pointed to on or more streams at (for example) http://news.yahoo.com/rss, and display the text within the "title" tags. The Trio could be set to grab a new syndication every few minutes or so.

Cheers, and keep up the good work!

#223580 - 30/08/2003 16:00 Re: TRio News Ticker on clock applet? [Re: mikewinter]
mmhere123456

Hi, Trio is a great piece of work. This is by far the best rio client availible.

I know this doesn't answer your question but ---

How do you come to the conclusion that tRio is the best client? Specifically, have you tried ones other than tRio and the default one?

I agree that tRio is much better than the default, and tRio works very well for me. Because of that, I haven't tried any of the other clients.

Who has, and what do you think of the others?

#223581 - 30/08/2003 20:41 Re: TRio News Ticker on clock applet? [Re: mmhere123456]
mikewinter
stranger

I have tried Reza and RioPlay, as well as Trio and the default. The default worked well for me, but it didn't allow for shoutcast, which I like. Reza I could never get to work for more than a few minutes in shoutcast mode. RioPlay was almost there, but I was seeing a lot of hard hangs (i.e. pull the plug and reboot). The configuration of Trio is much better than the otheres.

Cheers,
--Mike