Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#225224 - 28/06/2004 18:12 Dual monitor color problems
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I recently slapped a PCI video card in my system and hooked up the 15" monitor I keep on hand (for dragging out and connecting to the odd machine, here and there).

Anyway, despite a reputation for ATI cards not getting along with other video cards in this manner, everything went off without a hitch. I'd prefer it if my main monitor were #1 in the setup, and used for the POST and boot processes, but I don't care much about that. What I do care about is that I can't get the color depths to act correctly.

It appears that although I have my main monitor set to be displaying at 32 bit, it is not doing any better than 16 or 24. Regardless, no matter what I do, I can't get it to do what the properties are actually saying. The second monitor, by the way, has 24 bit as the max available.

Thanks for any help in advance.

*edit*
And does anyone know of any good free monitor management programs? I've got UltraMon running and I really like it, but $40 for this program is too much.

Edited by DiGNAN17 (28/06/2004 18:15)

#225225 - 29/06/2004 04:33 Re: Dual monitor color problems [Re: Dignan]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I'd prefer it if my main monitor were #1 in the setup, and used for the POST and boot processes

This is usually a setting in your BIOS. It'll let you choose between AGP or PCI.

Quote:
And does anyone know of any good free monitor management programs? I've got UltraMon running and I really like it, but $40 for this program is too much.

I use Ultramon too, and I think it's worth every penny. Cheapskate .

#225226 - 29/06/2004 13:08 Re: Dual monitor color problems [Re: Roger]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I use Ultramon too, and I think it's worth every penny. Cheapskate .

Yeah, I know I guess I need to play with it more. I do like having a taskbar on the second monitor.

Any idea what's causing the color problem? This is what's bothering me the most.

#225227 - 29/06/2004 21:22 Re: Dual monitor color problems [Re: Dignan]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Did you see if ATI has some kind of multi display configuration program ? I got an ASUS card based on some nvidia chipset and it came with one it is a dual head card though. Ultramon is way better than the inculded program.

Matt