Maybe I'm missing something, or maybe I'm crazy. I'm working from home tonight on my Mac. I've got a directory full of LaTeX files. I type make, and it generates a bunch of other temporary files and the final PDF I'm looking for. If I type 'ls', I see all the files, just like I'm supposed to.

If I flip over to the Finder, I see all the original files that I, only minutes earlier, checked out with CVS. All of the new files, created when I typed 'make', aren't there. They also don't show up in the "open" dialog box of Acroread.

I spend a few minutes looking for a "refresh" gizmo on the Finder menu. Nothing. I try typing "open paper.pdf", just to see if that works. Command not found. Really? Then it hits me... uggh... I'm logged into my office machine. I'd done the cvs checkout in a window from the local machine, but I did the 'make' in a different window, which happened to be logged onto the remote machine. Same directory structure. Same paper checked out. I just didn't notice the different hostname in the prompt.

Maybe I need more sleep.