Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#279663 - 22/04/2006 10:34 Re: URL problem [Re: Dignan]
DWallach
carpal tunnel

Back to the Word vs. WP issue, I've worked with a variety of different attorneys over the years, and every one of them has used Word. Microsoft has managed to make inroads into that community as well. The interesting custom application that they all seem to use is "E-Transcript Viewer" (www.reallegal.com). It's actually a pretty slick application, with an index of every word used, to let you quickly find every mention of a given term. I've only ever used the free-download viewer application. I understand that the software package used by court reporters and such goes for $3000+ (in addition to the thousands of dollars they spend on that funky chording transcription device). Sounds steep, but it's also very clever. It keeps real-time synchronization, internally, between what you typed and the audio recording that it's making. If the court reporter wants to go back and figure out what was being said, they can click on the text and hear the digital audio recording at precisely that point.

#279664 - 22/04/2006 21:39 Re: URL problem [Re: mlord]
bonzi
pooh-bah

Loc: Croatia
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Does paper tape count?

Only if used on an ASR Teletype 33...

Err.. that would also include me

And me. It had to do with two-phase assembler on even then (circa 1985) ancient Data General Nova 1220 controlling several racks of physics instrumentation. But this one was KSR 33, IIRC ('K' standing for 'Keyboard'). (Hm, apparently not: Wikipedia claims that KSR lacked the tape puncher and reader.)

Edited by bonzi (23/04/2006 18:29)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2