Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#28879 - 01/04/2001 10:12 10gb MK1 empeg for sale (possibly)
Scott
stranger

Loc: Connecticut, USA
I am considering selling my prized MK1 empeg. This message is to see if there are any prospects out there who are interested - there is a catch, see below. I am the second owner of this 10gb MK1 (serial #00342)...one of the last MK1's to be made. It has a blue face and is in perfect operational condition.

Here is the catch - I had to heavily modify the docking sled in order to install it into my 99 Kia Sportage. The mods included drilling 4 holes through it (2 on each side) and removing most of the wires from the back (the only wires still attached are as follows: power, ground, one left RCA output, one right RCA output - rear I think). With this wiring configuration this sled is really only good for hooking up to the AUX inputs of a head unit (CD receiver or likewise). To get back the full functionality of the original docking sled (ie: using as a stand-alone unit) you would need to get a replacement sled. The holes I drilled do not effect the operation of installing or removing the empeg unit.

Okay, why am I selling?? Well, I just traded in my Sportage for a new fully loaded 2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT. Not that I wouldn't mind keeping the empeg and using it in my new vehicle *but* I really could use the extra money to help replace what I plunked down for the down payment :) . Besides, the 210 watt Infinity 7 speaker CD sound system should keep me happy until I've saved enough for a MK2!

So, here's the deal. I am willing to part with my MK1 empeg with modified docking sled for $800 USD. Anyone who may be interested should email me directly at: scott_russo@hotmail.com . I want to sell only within the US. If I do not get any bites then I will probably end up installing it into the Eclipse afterall - and I will have to break the news to my wife as to where all that money in our savings account went to.

Scott (00342)

#28880 - 01/04/2001 11:44 Re: 10gb MK1 empeg for sale (possibly) [Re: Scott]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Just an FYI... the removal of wiring doesn't make the sled non-functional. The pinouts are documented. You can solder the wires back into place. And even if you've ruined the connector in the process, you can buy another one (the part number is at the developer site).

And the holes drilled in the side of the sled don't hurt it either.