Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#293347 - 01/02/2007 17:57 hijack 'NextSrc' causes visuals to enter "autochange" mode
jbrinkerhoff

I use my Empeg as my only source in my jeep, and use the tuner and Aux about 50% of the time. When switching source from the menus, the visuals always stay "what they were". In my case, all I want is the plain old clock, as I have no other in my car. I can use the "long press of down" to switch to the Info mode for other info.

I set up irtranslate to use the NextSrc function of hijack, however everytime I switch sources, the visuals start to "rotate". Anyone have any idea how to fix this? I have set my favortie visuals list = clock, but they still rotate...

Certainly I can work around this, by using the menus, but it would be great if I could get nextsrc to work without changing visual behavior.

I see in the Irtranslate page on Mark's site, and example of using the M and T modifiers to make a two-way toggle with a long press, but is there a button code to switch to AUX? I.e. can I do the same thing with all three sources?

Something like:

Left.LA=Main
Left.LM=Tuner
Left.LT=Aux

Perhaps I'm just missing the proper codes for that scheme?

Thanks!
Jeff

#293348 - 01/02/2007 18:15 Re: hijack 'NextSrc' causes visuals to enter "autochange" mode [Re: jbrinkerhoff]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
I think the player keeps track of "autochange visuals" on a per-input (MP3, AM, FM, AUX) basis. So if you don't want the closed-source player app doing that, then you have to turn it off for each input, one at a time. Once you do this, it should stay off, regardless of how you switch sources.

Now, the "easy way" to use NextSrc (and a zillion other buttons), is to go into the Hijack menu and set the "Knob Press Redefiinition" to "PopUp0".

Once set/saved, you can then just tap the knob to get a quick on-screen pop-up with lots of useful buttons, including NextSrc -- just rotate the knob to see the choices, and press it again to select/issue one of them.

It remembers the most recently used button, too, so once you select NextSrc, next time around just two blind quick knob presses will do NextSrc again.

Cheers

Edited by mlord (01/02/2007 18:18)