Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#294568 - 07/03/2007 00:25 Oh no, more PaulWay Mixes!
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Hi everyone! Long time no see!

In the last month or ttwo I've been doing more mixing than in the last year! It started at the Linux Conference Australia, and now I'm DJing every Tuesday or so at a local nightclub. The latter might sound impressive, but basically it's a chance for the club's owner and friends to chill out and listen to music they like - at no time has the number of people in the club exceeded eight while I've been there.

Anyway, the listings are up at http://mabula.net/mixes; the new ones for this year are #34 (the two LCA mixes), #36 (Mach 5 - Full Trance), and #35 and #37 (the two Toast mixes so far). Mach 5 is similar to my previous Supersonic and Mach mixes - full, commercial trance sound. The rest are mostly 'tech trance' - try them and see!

The other neat surprise for everyone is that mixes 34 and 35 are fully licensed under the Creative Commons attribution-noncommercial-sharealike mix. This means that it's totally legal for you to download them, give them to friends, use in your own works of art, remix as you like, so long as you:

• Tell people the track list and that I put the mix together.
  • Don't charge any money for it.
  • License your derivative work under the same conditions.

All the rest of the mixes are almost certainly illegal for you to download. If you do, you'll be hurting everyone at the RIAA, APRA, every record company, and doing the artists out of almost three cents worth of income. I want you to consider this very carefully before you download them.

If you have any problems with downloading them, let me know!

Have fun,

Paul

#294569 - 07/03/2007 12:46 Re: Oh no, more PaulWay Mixes! [Re: PaulWay]
ithoughti
old hand

Loc: Boston, MA USA
awesome! its been too long

#294570 - 07/03/2007 14:41 Re: Oh no, more PaulWay Mixes! [Re: PaulWay]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
Cool! Must admit when I read the thread title I misplaced comma and thought it meant you weren't doing any more mixes!

Andy M

#294571 - 07/03/2007 18:59 Re: Oh no, more PaulWay Mixes! [Re: PaulWay]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
Great to hear! Nothing enhances my productivity like long trance mixes.

#294572 - 08/03/2007 01:23 Re: Oh no, more PaulWay Mixes! [Re: FireFox31]
PaulWay
addict

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Quote:
Great to hear! Nothing enhances my productivity like long trance mixes.

Then, if you haven't got it already, get the Go Ahead! mix (#27). So far it's my longest yet, at over four hours of Goa and Psy trance. I'm working on making it longer, too, now that I've got my mixing setup working again.

As always, I love to hear from people about bits they liked and didn't like. Are you interested in the mixes being Creative Commons licensed? Should I buy more Magnatune or PodSafeAudio music?

Enjoy!

Paul

#294573 - 08/03/2007 12:05 Re: Oh no, more PaulWay Mixes! [Re: PaulWay]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Quote:
Then, if you haven't got it already, get the Go Ahead! mix (#27). So far it's my longest yet, at over four hours of Goa and Psy trance. I'm working on making it longer, too, now that I've got my mixing setup working again.

..and it has some of my favourite tracks of all time! Don't suppose you fancy playing at an outdoor party in England in June? Well, thought I'd ask

Rob