Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#309949 - 08/05/2008 18:49 Sync'ing Central & Receiver
dr_dos

Loc: Bendorf, Germany
This might be a dumb question, but is it possible to sync playback of a Central and an attached Rio (Dell) Receiver?

I've got a Central in my living room and a Receiver on my adjacent patio. Right now either of those is playing since it's quite disturbing hearing both at the same time playing different tracks. On the other hand it's not quite pleasing to hardly hear any music sitting in the living room while there is music playing only on the patio and vice versa.

Cheers,
Peter

#309951 - 08/05/2008 19:33 Re: Sync'ing Central & Receiver [Re: dr_dos]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
There was a third party server that would sync playback of multiple Receivers, as I recall. However, that was a PC-based product, i.e., it did not run on the Rio Central.

Since the feature you describe is not available on the Rio Central itself, and since there is currently not a full replacement software to install on the Central, my guess is that this is not possible yet.

So, to sum up:

Sync playback of Receiver+Receiver= Yes, I think so, if you use a different server.

Sunc playback of Central+Receiver= No.

#309952 - 08/05/2008 19:38 Re: Sync'ing Central & Receiver [Re: dr_dos]
dr_dos

Loc: Bendorf, Germany
Hmm, too bad...
But thanks for clarification anyway.

Cheers,
-Peter