Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#309965 - 08/05/2008 21:38 Podcasts?
Ladmo
addict

Loc: Oklahoma
Well, playing with this Zune has at least made me get into podcasts, and was wondering if anyone has any great podcast sites or podcast lunancy to share?

Thanks

#309969 - 09/05/2008 02:05 Re: Podcasts? [Re: Ladmo]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I'm a huge podcast fan. I've recently realized that I'm much more calm in traffic if I'm listening to talk than if I'm listening to music. So I load up on podcasts (I hate the radio) and play them whenever I'm driving.

Here's a list of my podcast feeds in Google Reader. It's merely in the order I added them, so I'll bold my favorites. Also, many of these are vidcasts:
  • Ctrl+Alt+Chicken (geek cooking show - very fun, but I don't think they're doing it anymore)
  • Daily Giz Wiz (fun "gadget" show - very silly)
  • dl.tv
  • Diggnation (two guys, two laptops, a couch, beer, and talk about stuff - it's great)
  • Engadget (I so wish they'd continue their podcast - they haven't ruled it out, though)
  • InDigital (I don't think this show exists anymore...)
  • System (great for very geeky projects)
  • Revision3 Gazette (a behind-the-scenes vidcast about the Rev3 network)
  • The Totally Rad Show (my absolute favorite pod/vidcast - just three geeks talking about geeky stuff they like - I love it)
  • This Week In Tech (my favorite straight-up podcast - hosted by ex-TechTV guy Leo Laporte, they just discuss the week's tech issues - a bit hit or miss with the guests, but often a great listen)
  • Penny Arcade (they occasionally make a podcast about the creation of that day's comic - always hilarious)
  • iFanboy (a podcast and vidcast about comics)
  • Internet Superstar (Martin Sargent is...interesting)
  • Mahalo Daily (used to watch this when Veronica Belmont was on it)
  • net@night (another good tech show)
  • Tekzilla (Patrick Norton is extremely annoying - Veronica Belmont is not)

I watch a few others from the TWiT and Revision3 networks from time to time as well. That's where I get most of my podcasts. I was a big TechTV fan, and I've followed most of those people in their new endeavors. They seem to be doing pretty well.

#309970 - 09/05/2008 02:21 Re: Podcasts? [Re: Dignan]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Even if your not a Mac person, you might want to give MacBreak Weekly a try Matt. I find the general banter on there even better then TWiT. One of the more interesting recent ones was episode 82 where they discussed the music industry with Patrick Wilson of Weezer.

#309973 - 09/05/2008 04:59 Re: Podcasts? [Re: drakino]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Interesting. I've wanted to give that one a try, but merely haven't gotten around to it (as you see, I have quite a few to keep up with...)

Oh, I forgot to add the EngadgetHD podcast. They do that one every week and it's pretty interesting with a lot of technical talk about Hi-Def stuff.

#310028 - 09/05/2008 19:14 Re: Podcasts? [Re: Dignan]
Ladmo
addict

Loc: Oklahoma
Thanks for all the info! Wow! I have been checking out the BBC daily news podcasts. Great
Another good one, if you are into management type stuff is manager-tools.com. They have a bunch of great podcasts on everything to do with management, including one that is from 2005 called 'Your Resume Stinks!'. Great stuff there.
I'll check out some of the tech ones you mentioned tonight!
Thanks again

#310220 - 16/05/2008 03:12 Re: Podcasts? [Re: Ladmo]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Originally Posted By: Ladmo
Well, playing with this Zune has at least made me get into podcasts, and was wondering if anyone has any great podcast sites or podcast lunancy to share?

Car Talk

tanstaafl.