Originally Posted By: DWallach
I'm curious when Kodak, Fuji, and Ilford will finally give up on manufacturing film. Certainly, less popular films are rapidly going away (e.g., Kodachrome). With demand contracting, it wouldn't surprise me at all if somebody like Kodak or Fuji just packs up and stops making film, period, in the next few years.

I totally agree with Mark: if you care about shooting film, stock up now.

Kodak has actually released two new films in the last year or so. It may be they plan on consolidating there film line-ups to save on manufacturing costs, but whatever the reason you can still buy film, and I can even get film for my 5x7 inch view camera (an uncommon size view camera). The future of color film is uncertain though as it is not easy to make and requires knowledge and equipment that are quickly disappearing. B&W film will probably be around for quite a while, however. People have even been successful creating it in there basement- some people are even going back to coating glass plates just for the unique look of it. It's definetly an interesting time in Photography.