Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#74350 - 23/02/2002 17:59 I'm going to hate myself for this: TUNER FOR SALE
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi.

Due to a severe financial crisis, I have to sell my second tuner module (originally intended for home/development use). Of course, I put it up on ebay (or on the german ebay).

I wonder wether anyone chooses to use the buy-now option. I guess not.

cu,
sv<sad>en

I really hope there will be a new production run of the tuner module. I really want a tuner at home, too. I can't afford to keep that tuner now. :-( But a new job is coming, with a new wave of money.

#74351 - 24/02/2002 06:51 Re: I'm going to hate myself for this: TUNER FOR SALE [Re: smu]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
There is no "buy it now" option on the auction.

#74352 - 24/02/2002 08:23 Re: I'm going to hate myself for this: TUNER FOR SALE [Re: andy]
vince
stranger

Loc: UK
It disappeared after the first bid but I think it was $400. If you look at the text it says he will close the auction early if the highest bid meets his expectations????? So I guess if you bid $400 then you'll get it

#74353 - 24/02/2002 09:35 Re: I'm going to hate myself for this: TUNER FOR SALE [Re: vince]
smu
old hand

Hi.

You guessed right. However, I will sell it for whatever amount the highest bid is if the auction ends in it's normal way.

cu,
sven

#74354 - 24/02/2002 12:24 Re: I'm going to hate myself for this: TUNER FOR SALE [Re: smu]
Vogelman
new poster

I'm going to hate myself for this? C'mon, don't be silly. Why can't you admit that you smell money now that the tuners are selling for $400. And since there will be new tuners available in a few months ...
Selling the tuner because of a financial crisis? A financial crisis which will be resolved by selling the tuner huh ? Must be some financial crisis ...
I really don't mind that you're selling it for $400, heck for all I care you can get $1000 for it, just don't look for excuses, that's pathetic.

#74355 - 24/02/2002 12:34 Re: I'm going to hate myself for this: TUNER FOR SALE [Re: Vogelman]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I think he meant "I'm going to hate myself because it will probably generate a lot of pointless flame mail from people I don't know."

#74356 - 24/02/2002 13:19 Re: I'm going to hate myself for this: TUNER FOR SALE [Re: smu]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
wow! who knew the tuner would be so popular:)

-mark

#74357 - 24/02/2002 15:14 Re: I'm going to hate myself for this: TUNER FOR SALE [Re: Vogelman]
eternalsun
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, CA
Hey I feel like I started this financial crisis thing. My company messed up my tax withholdings and I ended up owing a large amount of money that I originally planned as a refund to apply towards larger than expected vacation expenses. At this point, I'm basically looking at my belongings and wondering what I can get if I sold. Like my laptop.

I have a mint Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on my shelf, signed by Douglas Adams himself, with a certificate of authenticity signed and dated by a witness and the author himself. I wonder how much it is worth now, versus a decade or more from now?

Calvin

#74358 - 24/02/2002 17:28 Re: I'm going to hate myself for this: TUNER FOR SALE [Re: Vogelman]
smu
old hand

Well, the tuner alone won't solve my financial problems I currently experience. But I have been unimployed for almost 2 years now, and my bank account is well below my credit line.
This has nothing to do with excuses. And the reason I hate myself for selling the tuner is that I got the tuner this year, from a very kind member of this BBS (and for the original selling price of (what was it?) 75$ plus tax). I now feel like I am betraying that person. The second reason I will hate myself for this is that I will start on a bew job pretty soon now (well, on the 1st of June). And from that day on, I will have enough money again.

But yes: I smell the money now that the tuners sell for 350$ and more. If the tuner only sold for 150$ or even less, I surely wouldn't sell it.

cu,
sven

#74359 - 24/02/2002 17:34 Re: I'm going to hate myself for this: TUNER FOR SALE [Re: tfabris]
smu
old hand

More of a "I will absolutely hate myself for this if there won't be a future production run of the tuner module."

cu,
sven