Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#182999 - 05/10/2003 16:14 Version 3.0a - so far so good, but......
tarkie
journeyman

.... I've only loaded it on my backup empeg up to now. I've not had *any* issues with as of yet, and as it has such nice new facilities such as radio control that is nearly 100% and crossfade (oh how I love it set to 2 seconds so no gaps, and skipping is FUN).

I suppose if I was to be real picky, can we have the RDS text back the way it was? Or was Black on White just a test?

But has anyone else had show stopper issues other than low rate mp3 issues - which wont affect me as I dont have any

#183000 - 05/10/2003 18:46 Re: Version 3.0a - so far so good, but...... [Re: tarkie]
Jerz
addict

Loc: Jesusland
But has anyone else had show stopper issues other than low rate mp3 issues...

As was mentioned in another posting and based on my experience it seems the way to go is to load around 6 to 10 albums at a time. I tried an upgrade on my ver2.00 player with over 6000 tracks and I could not get it to function without puking every once and a while. I also tried a new 80gig hdd and loaded the builder software then the alpha player software and dragged and dropped about 6,900 tunes and discovered that it would puke after a small number of albums.

Loading 6-10 albums at a time seems to work (although I do get errors every once and a while when restarting the player after a sync it seems that I have to switch between jemplode and emplode to get things loaded properly.

Crossfading rocks and I like the long press for seek when using the tuner.