Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#302942 - 10/10/2007 12:20 Receiver Version Of Firmware Question
Jemmi

I'm wondering... I know when the last batch of firmware was released a couple versions and one pretty much turned the Empeg into something like the Rio Receiver. I was wondering, though, does it use the same server software as the receiver? Is response time to large collections any faster?

I have the Empeg I took out of my car early this year because the hard drive failed and it's been sitting since even though I've hard drives to replace it. But I've been getting into taking antique radios and putting computers in them and making them like a jukebox. And thought the Empeg might be great to do that with since I have no intentions of putting it in my car again but love the interface.

#302943 - 10/10/2007 13:30 Re: Receiver Version Of Firmware Question [Re: Jemmi]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Quote:
I'm wondering... I know when the last batch of firmware was released a couple versions and one pretty much turned the Empeg into something like the Rio Receiver. I was wondering, though, does it use the same server software as the receiver?

Yes.

Quote:
Is response time to large collections any faster?

In my experience (and, quite frankly, it was wholly for the benefit of my experience that I did the Receiver Edition in the first place), it's faster than a real Receiver, but not as fast as a normal Empeg.

Peter