Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#102262 - 30/06/2002 05:38 Wendy weirdness
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Okay, so I finally got around to implementing some filters on my empeg, and I came across some weirdness. I don't know if this has been discussed before or not, so just yell at me if I'm repeating. Regardless, I thought I'd see what other people thought before I report it as a bug.

Okay. So let's say that I've got a particular playlist playing in normal, unfiltered mode. I select a filter. This filter correctly filters out all the songs in the current playlist and playback stops, but continues to show the old current song's info, except with no time info (in fact, even if I remove the filter at this point, I can't unpause the song or anything; it's apparently using a null playlist, but old data is still on the screen) (Bug #1, Minor). It also shows that the current playlist is empty (it shows ``[-/-]''). I turn on shuffle. This seems to be fine; it shows the `s' in the status. (Though the shuffle doesn't really seem to play any significant part in this process.) I press down three times. It continues to show data about the old current song, and the ``[-/-]'' playlist info, but now it shows a ``0:00'' time info. If I try to play a playlist that has unfiltered songs as direct children, it says the same thing. If I select an individual song, it'll play that one song, but I still can't triple-down (or play any other playlist), as it continues to play just that one song (in a playlist of one). The only way I've found to get it to work is to triple-down and then apply the filter, or play a playlist that has some tracks that will remain unfiltered after the filter is selected, but, even then, I can't select any other playlist until I remove the filter.

In other words, having a filter enabled seems to prevent any playlist actions from taking place (Bug #2, Major). Very annoying. Can anyone else confirm this?

Also, if I triple-down and then apply the filter, then remove the filter, the playlist continues to only have those filtered songs in it. I can't say that that's a bug, necessarily, but it seems a little odd.

#102263 - 30/06/2002 09:17 Re: Wendy weirdness [Re: wfaulk]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yeah, someone else was mentioning similar bugs in 2.0b11. I think these are already in the internal bug list. I'll link this post to it as well.

#102264 - 20/08/2002 07:11 Re: Wendy weirdness [Re: wfaulk]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Bug #1 [...] Bug #2

FITNR.

Peter

#102265 - 20/08/2002 07:19 Re: Wendy weirdness [Re: peter]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Ooo, Peter's been a busy little bee this morning.

#102266 - 20/08/2002 07:42 Re: Wendy weirdness [Re: peter]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Woo-hoo! Now I can upload all my wife's crappy music!

#102267 - 20/08/2002 07:43 Re: Wendy weirdness [Re: tfabris]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Well, Tony, if your email address is on every bug in the database, then you're going to get lots of email

Peter

#102268 - 20/08/2002 07:57 Re: Wendy weirdness [Re: peter]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Cool, I like those kinds of e-mails!!!!