Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#117096 - 20/09/2002 07:41 DAB for the EMPEG?
cookie_77

I have just found this site , and it looks like this product could be used as a starting point for a DAB tuner for the Empeg.

Gold card size( so would fit in empeg) , Serial controlled, mpeg digital output or analogue output .

What do you think?

http://www.roke.co.uk/technology/communications/broadcast/radio/dab/gold_card.htm

#117097 - 20/09/2002 14:38 Re: DAB for the EMPEG? [Re: cookie_77]
tman
carpal tunnel

Yeah. It would work but I don't think you can buy one easily as it's for OEM use only. They produce the module inside the Wavefinder as well.

And as the dev kit price at the bottom shows, it's not cheap!

- Trevor

#117098 - 20/09/2002 15:17 Re: DAB for the EMPEG? [Re: cookie_77]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
I've just written a driver module for our broadcast control system to talk to the gold card. After speaking to someone at Roke about their shite serial protocol I was told the product is no longer available as shown on website (and as a dev kit, which I have). It is now only available as a custom unit for use in other products, and unless you're willing to buy a couple of thousand units they won't return your phone calls. Sorry to crap on the thread, but the gold card is a real non-starter. You might as well buy a DAB headunit, it would probably be much cheaper. Or stick a PC in the boot and run a wavefinder.

Andy M