Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#205705 - 19/02/2004 12:57 v3a7 messed up my playlists
kswish0
enthusiast

Loc: Virginia, USA
I decided to jump on the bandwagon and upgrade to v3apha7 today since most of you seem to be having pretty good luck with it. The upgrade went fine but my playlists are all screwy now. Everything is still there, just not where its supposed to be.

This is how my player is supposed to be
playlists
...genre
......artist
.........album
............song

After my upgrade, everything is really screwed up. There is a random artist in the first row with the genres. Under some of the genres, there are only 2 artists listed there when there are supposed to be many. Then under some of the artists, there are other artists, or even a different genre when there are only supposed to be albums. I think all of my songs appear to be here, just none of them are in the right place. I even did a search for refs=0 and there are several songs there too when there didn't used to be.

As an example, lets say I wanted to listen to the new Incubus album.

Way its supposed to be
playlists->rock->modern->incubus->a crow left of murder

Here's how it is now
playlists->jazz->wynton marsalis->old school (supposed to be directly under my hip hop playlist)->sir mix a lot->modern (supposed to be directly under my rock playlist)->incubus-> There are for some reason jimmy buffet songs here, I dont even know where the new Incubus album is yet.

As you can see, this is pretty messed up. What would cause this, and is there a way to get it back to normal? At this point, I think it would probably be a lot easier to just reload all my music from the computer rather than trying to sort through everything. Even inside my album playlists when you get down to just songs, there are random genres, artists, albums, etc. beneath those playlists. Has anyone seen this before?

Edited by kswish0 (19/02/2004 12:59)

#205706 - 19/02/2004 13:29 Re: v3a7 messed up my playlists [Re: kswish0]
eliceo
enthusiast

I dont know what it is but this happend to me with alpha 5. Alpha 7 has been pretty good for my player, sorry to hear about this though.

#205707 - 19/02/2004 14:09 Re: v3a7 messed up my playlists [Re: kswish0]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Have you successfully synched with emplode or Jemplode so that it rebuilds your databases?

Also you can try the manual database rebuild procedure here.

If that doesn't fix it, see if going back to 2.0 final (again, followed by a database rebuild) solves your problem.

#205708 - 19/02/2004 14:25 Re: v3a7 messed up my playlists [Re: tfabris]
kswish0
enthusiast

Loc: Virginia, USA
No, I havent synched it yet. I figured going back to v2b13 would probably bring it back to normal and was scared that if I synched, then this would become permanent. I guess I'll try it though. Worst case scenario is deleting everything and putting it all back on overnight. Not really that big of a deal.

#205709 - 19/02/2004 14:48 Re: v3a7 messed up my playlists [Re: kswish0]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
No, I havent synched it yet.
Then that is definitely the problem. The databases must be rebuilt when you go to 3.0. If not, then you will have strange problems.