Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#255731 - 09/05/2005 11:26 Need links...
Ladmo
addict

Loc: Oklahoma
I am trying to compile a list of links to software and other items, to post on my web site. If anyone cares to send some to me, it would be nice. I would also be willing to post the part(s) there to keep them all in one spot...any ideas?
Thanks

#255732 - 09/05/2005 11:58 Re: Need links... [Re: Ladmo]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
This should be done on the riocar.org site so it is accessible to everyone. There is a 3rd Party software thread already started. Are you volunteering to keep this information up to date on riocar.org? There is also a sticky parts thread in the General forum. If we could have this information compiled on riocar.org then permalink them at the top (where we have the Quick Links) that would be a good step forward.

#255733 - 09/05/2005 12:04 Re: Need links... [Re: cushman]
Ladmo
addict

Loc: Oklahoma
I saw the thread after my brilliant post. I was just hoping to complie a list of links, and, if the author of said software gave permission, provide a download link as well. I just swiched my hosting over to godaddy, and want to get my moneys worth...
Any suggestions?

#255734 - 09/05/2005 12:28 Re: Need links... [Re: Ladmo]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
Quote:
Any suggestions?

Yes, compile your list on your webhost and ask for reviews (layout, content, etc.). Then, after it is done ask for permission to put it on riocar.org with a few other editors (like FireFox31). That way it is in a central place and we don't have to worry about you leaving us and taking your list away, too. Several people have suggested that the list be de-categorized, or loosely categorized all on one page. Short example:

Core Software (Empeg)
* Latest Player Software
* Hijack

Core Software (PC)
* Latest Emplode
* Latest jEmplode
* Tony's Logo Editor

Games for the Empeg
* empacman
* emptetris

Empeg control (PC)
* MacOSX control widget
* charcoalgrey's stylesheet
* empeg web lite

Empeg control (other)
* Palantir/Empire

Have descriptions for each and link to the main project page. I don't think a download link is needed on this page since most people can find the download link on the project page easily. Organize it like the FAQ, maybe.

#255735 - 09/05/2005 21:53 Re: Need links... [Re: cushman]
Mataglap
enthusiast

preinit
telnet
peter's tarball
check-config
mlord's updater
mlord's dynamic data partition resizer
mlord's smart tool
pointer to arm potato binaries for things like debugfs