Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#282066 - 25/05/2006 21:00 Free to a good home - comms racks (UK)
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I have a couple of comms or lab racks that I need to clear out of the garage before moving next month. They're open frame 19" racks about 7' high (42U maybe?) designed to be bolted to the floor. They're good for holding patch panels, routers, switches, musical kit and other light weight equipment - but not heavy servers as there's only one rail each side. I have a quantity of cable management trunking that bolts to the sides.

These are free to anyone who can pick them up from the Cambridge area. You'll need a van or a fairly full on estate car, although I guess they probably come apart if that would help. I'm not up for shipping.

I rescued these from the skip when Empeg moved to Rustat House, so there's even an empeg connection! (OK, tenuous).

Rob

#282067 - 26/05/2006 19:17 Re: Free to a good home - comms racks (UK) [Re: rob]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I've actually used a pair of those telco racks as a permanently mounted cabinet before. Works pretty well as long as you're careful about getting them aligned properly.