Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#313806 - 09/09/2008 09:46 WTB : Red translucent buttons and illumination set
osito
new poster

Loc: Ludwigshafen, Germany
Hello @all,

like mentioned in the subject i am looking for a set of red
translucent buttons and a complete illumination set to buy.
I can alternatively offer a brand new set of blue translucent
buttons for interchange if desired.

Best regards,
Andres

#313809 - 09/09/2008 10:45 Re: WTB : Red translucent buttons and illumination set [Re: osito]
LittleBlueThing
addict

Loc: Reading, UK
This is the place you want...
http://home.earthlink.net/~greenlights/
(also see the links at the top of the page)

#313811 - 09/09/2008 11:00 Re: WTB : Red translucent buttons and illumination set [Re: LittleBlueThing]
osito
new poster

Hi LittleBlueThing,

thanks for the link but guess where i have the blue buttons from? wink
No harm meant!

I have two blue button sets here and would prefer the interchange if possible.
On top of this 55 USD (incl. shipping) is imho to expensive for a little PCB and
a bunch of SMD LEDs and resistors which cost not more than 10 Euros in the electronic shop.
Maybe i get it cheaper from a forum user.

Best regards,
Andres

#313820 - 09/09/2008 13:17 Re: WTB : Red translucent buttons and illumination set [Re: osito]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
The "greenlights" site sells only the buttons, not the LEDs and PCB etc.. and Chris will likely ship them via airmail, which keeps the cost rather reasonable.

As for the LEDs and stuff -- they're not cheap over here (Canada) -- the major source we have for them is Digikey.ca, where they cost about $2.50 each.. which adds up.

And a custom low-run PCB can be rather expensive to produce in tiny quantities, thus the higher cost of that item too.

I don't think there's anything here to suggest that these items are overpriced at all. Expensive, perhaps, but that's what they're costing the seller as well.

Cheers

#313887 - 10/09/2008 08:15 Re: WTB : Red translucent buttons and illumination set [Re: mlord]
osito
new poster

Hi Mark,

thanks for the information - i knew that greenlights only sells the buttons
and that the illumination kit is being sold by Eutronix.

I bought the whole set of parts at Segor Electronics in Germany now
and they were around 7 Euros (10 USD) which is a third of the Eutronix's price for the parts.

I see your point about the PCB - low volume productions are always expensive and their price is Ok.

Now i'm still looking for someone who swaps his red buttons against my blue ones. wink

Best regards,
Andres