Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#190200 - 20/11/2003 05:44 Wavefinder (UK)
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
Anyone want to take my redundant Wavefinder of my hands?
It really is a piece of technology that Psion have no right to feel proud of. It works as well as any other Wavefinder, but don't blame me if you come home from the pub for your favourite programme and find an empty folder! - I've moved on!
Any resonable offer from a BBS member considered - ebay has them at £5 to £60(Must be joking) - Oh, and I'm throwing in that ridiculous aerial plug that nobody else uses, should you wish to hook it up to a roof aerial.
And they call me the best salesman in the business - but not this business!

#190201 - 20/11/2003 06:02 Re: Wavefinder (UK) [Re: boxer]
CrackersMcCheese
pooh-bah

You must have a duff one. My wavefinder is great - perfect reception and recording.

#190202 - 20/11/2003 06:13 Re: Wavefinder (UK) [Re: CrackersMcCheese]
thinfourth2
Pooh-Bah

Loc: The land of the pale blue peop...
Nope mines a stinker too but i leave in the middle of nowhere

#190203 - 20/11/2003 06:17 Re: Wavefinder (UK) [Re: thinfourth2]
CrackersMcCheese
pooh-bah

Thats the problem with DAB. You have to have great reception to hear anything. At least with FM if you have a weak signal you can get something

#190204 - 20/11/2003 06:40 Re: Wavefinder (UK) [Re: CrackersMcCheese]
boxer
pooh-bah

Loc: Yorkshire UK
This leads on from this thread.
If you go to the wavefinder site, you'll find links to loads of dissatisfied customers and suggested solutions to some of the problems.
My two are plugged in to chimney mounted DAB aerials, directly pointing to the nearest transmitter by map reference: signal strength is A1, it goes fine for weeks, but then it loops and stutters. The other problem is that it records the first item on the scheduler and then cuts out, regularly, and always if it has to switch programme - I've moved on!

I found this excellent terrestial digital gizmo which does the job much better. After the usual teething probs. that a technological dunce always has, it seems to be 100% reliable and the 192kbps sounds much fuller and crisper.

My only problem is that the 3alpha we got at Amersfoort doesn't want to know MP2's, so I'm having to convert them to 3's with Audiotools