Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#277405 - 11/03/2006 18:20 Rio Central HSX-109 For Sale
The Central Guy
enthusiast

Loc: San Diego, California USA
I have a spare Rio Central taking up space that I'd like to offer to this group for sale before hitting eBay with it.

This unit is Serial number 317, and has the original 40GB Seagate hard drive. It comes with the remote control, a Linksys USB to Ethernet adapter, the cable that connects the Ethernet adapter to the Central (USB to USB), a power cord, and two homemade CDs containing the latest software revision and User Manual.

I just connected the unit this morning and tested all functions and it is working great. I also connected to the unit over my Network with jEmplode, so that is working as well.

The condition of the unit is as follows:

There is some wear and scratches on the top of the cabinet, however, the front of the unit is relatively clean (normal use). It looks like someone might have stacked some gear on top and moved it around (causing some scratches). If you were to put it in a stereo cabinet, etc. then you wouldn't notice the scratches.

Internally, the power supply and circuit board are in excellent condition and have not been modified or messed with. I repaired the unit when I bought it because the hard drive/CD tray was misaligned and the CD tray wouldn't operate. This was either due to shipping or some work done by the previous owner, but I was able to get the drive tray lined up pretty easily. One of the screws is missing on the right side of the drive tray because the post is missing, but it is still pretty snug because of the latch and remaining screw.

So, not in perfect condition, but working well and thoroughly tested with the original 40Gb drive.

I am asking $300 for the unit plus $20 for US shipping. PayPal payment is fine.

If you're interested or if you have questions, please post in this thread and also PM me...

Thanks,

Randy

Edited by The Central Guy (11/03/2006 23:40)

#277406 - 11/03/2006 19:54 Re: Rio Central HSX-109 For Sale [Re: The Central Guy]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
I don't suppose you want to trade for an empeg?

Matthew

#277407 - 12/03/2006 00:53 Re: Rio Central HSX-109 For Sale [Re: matthew_k]
The Central Guy
enthusiast

Loc: San Diego, California USA
Well, I guess I'd consider it. Please give me a description of everything the Empeg would include and the condition as I did above for the Rio Central.

Thanks, Randy

#277408 - 13/03/2006 18:50 Re: Rio Central HSX-109 For Sale [Re: The Central Guy]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Sorry about my lack of response, I've been away from home for the weekend and wanted to sort through the empeg collection before promising anything I couldn't find. I've aquired a few recently, but I'd trade you one that I've had for a while to make sure all the bugs are out of it. One of the two that I bought myself in the fire sale, one of which went back to Cambridge and had the dimmer fix and sled replaced. Uninstalled sled, unused remote if I can find it, used (verified working) remote if I can't. Original serial cable and plugtop (US mkIIa supplied) power supply. 30GB or greater hard drive, if the 30GB drive isn't in the drive collection bag and I have to swap out one of the ones I'm using.

Matthew

#277409 - 16/03/2006 19:58 Re: Rio Central HSX-109 For Sale [Re: matthew_k]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Here's a picture of everything. The sled was installed, but none of the tabs were bent. I swapped out the wireing harness with a MkII wireing harness, as the one on there was butchered by some install shop. AFAIK they're identical. I've owned the player since the fire sale, but the accessories are from a more recent aquisition, which seems to need the dimmer capacitor fix.

I wish I could keep it, but adding a central to my collection would complete the Empeg linux based players collection.

Matthew

Attachments
278119-empeg.jpg (162 downloads)