Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#136204 - 20/01/2003 20:50 Dell PDAs
jheathco
enthusiast

Loc: Mission Viejo, California
Any one have one? What do you think of them? How good is the handwriting recognition?

#136205 - 21/01/2003 07:47 Re: Dell PDAs [Re: jheathco]
russmeister
enthusiast

Loc: South Carolina
I purchased one last month and I enjoy it. I have not used it to its full extent yet but for what I have seen so far it's quite impressive. If you dont like windows, dont buy it b/c the Pocket PC is almost identical to a windows operating system. The one thing that does bug me is that when you "close" a program (Pocket PC problem and not Axim) it doesnt close it completely but it stays running in the background. I think there is a program to fix that bug but I havent downloaded it yet.

The handwriting recognition is fairly accurate but it gets the 7's and > confused and y's and g's. You just have to tailor your writing style to that of the recognition within the software. It just depends on your writing style. I'm a lefty so I'm sure that causes some of the recognition glitches for me.

It is a bit larger than other handhelds. In comparison to the m515 @ 4.5x3.1x.5 inches and the Axim @ 5.04x3.21x.71 inches, it still isn't that bad taking into consideration you get both secure digital and compact flash slots.

Anyone know of a stylus/pen combo for this thing? I have a friend with a m505 and his has a stylus/pen. I have yet to find one that will replace the one for the Axim. I think I have stylus envy.