Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#237720 - 15/10/2004 12:13 Share The Well
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Just caught Caedmon's Call's concert last night (they released their new album just this week) and I have to say, if you have a chance to catch this concert, go. Yes, they are a Chrisitan band, but this is probably the most interesting album I've heard from any genre in the last few years. In fact, I'm suprised their record label even let them put it out. It's hard for me to hear anything that sounds like a radio single.

Anyway, if you enjoy world music, this is a treat. This album (and therefore tour) are a result of a trip to India in which experienced a culture and music so different from the US. They have amazingly fused togther the sounds of India with a very western folk/pop sound. The album is good, but the concert was simply amazing. They added three guest percussionists for this tour, meaning their drum section now equals the rest of the band as far as membership. The sound is amazing, and the message (specifically the plight of the oppressed Dalits in India) can't help but stir the soul.

#237721 - 15/10/2004 12:51 Re: Share The Well [Re: JeffS]
Cybjorg
addict

Loc: Winston Salem, NC
I have several Caedmon's Call albums but haven't had a chance to listen to this one. Grabbing it now off of iTunes.