Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#314884 - 10/10/2008 22:46 Monitor will not turn back on
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I have a Samsung 213t LCD. I used to just leave the computer on all the time with no screen saver. Recently I have been trying some power saving features and have the monitor set to turn off after 30 minutes and the computer set to hibernate after a few hours. When I return to the computer and it is still on but the monitor is off it is very hard to wake it up. I have to wave the mouse around, click both buttons, and hit the windows key several times.

I am using a wireless mouse and keyboard so maybe that's the problem. The other weird thing is when windows shuts off the monitor it just kills the video so the monitor check all the inputs the shuts itself off.

I can turn it on with the power button on the monitor but then it checks the inputs for a while before coming on so it takes about 30 seconds which seems longer than it really is smile

Any ideas ?

Matt

#314888 - 11/10/2008 03:46 Re: Monitor will not turn back on [Re: msaeger]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
What version of Windows? What graphics card? Are your drivers up-to-date?

#314891 - 11/10/2008 14:47 Re: Monitor will not turn back on [Re: Roger]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Update the driver why didn't I think of that. I updated it via choosing to let windows look for a newer driver and that seems to have fixed it.

I it is a shuttle ST20G5 with the on board ATI radeon xpress 200 by the way.

Thanks for the tip smile

Matt