Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#320093 - 06/03/2009 22:50 Watchmen
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
I've been waiting for this movie for at least eighteen years. And I thought it was pretty good. There was a lot that was left out, yet it was still pretty dense and nearly three hours long. And, as far as I can remember, there was only one major plot point changed, and I think it actually made sense in the context of the movie's limitations, and actually wouldn't have been a bad way to go in the original comic.

(This spoiler contains a spoiler for the comic that isn't revealed in the movie. Caveat lector.)
Click to reveal..
Having Dr. Manhattan be the fake attacker actually makes more sense, I think, but it wouldn't have been able to provide the clues as to who was behind the scheme that the comic's scheme provided. Of course, that leaves the existence of Bubastis as an anomaly.

And I'm pretty sure that Jackie Earle Haley was born to play Rorshach.

#320096 - 06/03/2009 23:30 Re: Watchmen [Re: wfaulk]
drakino
carpal tunnel

I enjoyed it. And it seems to be popular with companies around here too. While we didn't rent out an entire theater this time, probably 60% of it was filled with my coworkers. Across the hall, they had another theater booked all day with private showings.

And, they had an awesome desert item on the menu:

#320102 - 07/03/2009 00:57 Re: Watchmen [Re: drakino]
Waterman981
old hand

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
My showing is in just over an hour. I just finished the graphic novel about 2 weeks ago, so everything is still pretty fresh in my mind. I am interested to see how it will end up.

#040103696 on a shelf
Mk2a - 90 GB - Red - Illuminated buttons

#320104 - 07/03/2009 06:53 Re: Watchmen [Re: drakino]
Mojo
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: drakino
I enjoyed it. And it seems to be popular with companies around here too. While we didn't rent out an entire theater this time, probably 60% of it was filled with my coworkers. Across the hall, they had another theater booked all day with private showings.

And, they had an awesome desert item on the menu:

Is that at the Alamo in Austin?

#320119 - 07/03/2009 19:38 Re: Watchmen [Re: ]
andym
carpal tunnel

Loc: Manchester UK
Having never read the comics I figured I should go and see it. I really enjoyed it, but having to see Dr. Manhattan's willie on numerous occasions was a little off putting.

Andy M

#320120 - 07/03/2009 21:38 Re: Watchmen [Re: andym]
frog51
pooh-bah

Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland
I loved Watchmen since it came out years ago, so was very worried about this film. However, having just finished band practice at 11.30pm on Thursday we decided to go see the midnight showing, and reckoned it rocked!

I was a bit miffed there were no dark Pirates! And we had wondered about the psychic squid, but all in all don't reckon they could have done better in under 6 hours!
MkII, 80Gb SSD in dock