Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#326489 - 02/10/2009 21:38 Good warranty service
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
Over the past two I have had two of this timer fail. Both have had the same problem the screen gets garbled. I figured the problem is water getting in there so after the first failure I bought another one (yeah i'm a moron) this time I sealed the timer in a bag. Well it happened again so I was mad.

I sent an email to Orbit via their website pretty much only telling them I have had two of these things fail in the past two years. I didn't give them any kind of proof of purchase or anything. I day later I got a message back saying they have sent me two new timers.

They sent them ground so I just got them today.

So the product quality may not be so great but they stood behind it with no fuss.

Matt

#326490 - 02/10/2009 21:51 Re: Good warranty service [Re: msaeger]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Now there's a company that knows what they're doing in terms of customer service. smile

I had two good warranty experiences with Whirlpool recently. (In fact I'm going to update that thread for posterity.)

It's a two-sided coin, though: In a new house full of new Whirlpool appliances, two of them failed catastrophically in the first couple months after moving in. I'm lucky their warranty service is good.