Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#134383 - 10/01/2003 20:22 Digitizing hundreds of pounds of dead trees
Biscuitsjam
enthusiast

My father has become very involved in geneology in recent years. As a consequence, he has amassed a collection of papers large enough to fill a small room. Many of our relatives have also amassed huge collections of geneoligical dead tree material.

This creates a small dilemna. First, and perhaps most importantly, it is impossible to distribute materials, except in minute quantities. Also, it is incredibly difficult to search through so much material.

Does anyone have any suggestions or insights? I'm searching the internet for scanner software and batch scanners with Automatic Document Feeders

-Biscuits

#134384 - 10/01/2003 20:46 Re: Digitizing hundreds of pounds of dead trees [Re: Biscuitsjam]
Daria
carpal tunnel

Loc: Providence, RI
rmitz's department has a sheetfed scanner. If I remember to point him at this thread I'm sure he can tell you what it is.

#134385 - 10/01/2003 20:50 Re: Digitizing hundreds of pounds of dead trees [Re: Biscuitsjam]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
there's a doc feeder for canon
or maybe you need something from this guy