Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#162977 - 27/05/2003 12:46 ACk 1st time screwed
jasonc

<rant>
Being an extreme Weird Al fan, I immediatly ordered his new album. I was Overjoyed the day it came and immediatly popped it into my computer. It automatically started playing a wonderful QT6 mov Thanking me for not raping him of his music and downloading it like some Theif.

I quickly noticed that that was the extent of my "Poodle Hat" experience. I'm not able to play it on ANY of my cd players or rip it to mp3 for my empeg.

The cd is already on its way back to Amazon.

Would this be considered biting the hand that feeds you? Why should i ever buy another album after an experience like this.

I also complained to Amazon that they are mis-representing "enhanced cd's" as "Audio cd's", but i can't imagine that did more than make me feel (slightly) better.
</rant>

#162978 - 27/05/2003 12:51 Re: ACk 1st time screwed [Re: jasonc]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I had no problem ripping mine on two differnet pc's. Also my friend ripped his copy on his pc with no problem. It also ripped fine on the rio central and the info was in CDDB so someone else must have been able to rip it too.

Matt

#162979 - 27/05/2003 12:54 Re: ACk 1st time screwed [Re: jasonc]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I quickly noticed that that was the extent of my "Poodle Hat" experience. I'm not able to play it on ANY of my cd players or rip it to mp3 for my empeg.
Sounds like you just need to turn off Auto Play on your computer.

Personally, I consider that to be something to complain to Bill Gates about, not Weird Al.

#162980 - 27/05/2003 12:55 Re: ACk 1st time screwed [Re: jasonc]
msaeger
carpal tunnel

Loc: Minnetonka, MN
I doubt poodle hat is copy protected in anyway because I bought Kimi Ga Suki (japanese matthew sweet album) and it claims to be copy protected and it would not rip on the central but it did rip on my pc with no problem.

Matt

#162981 - 27/05/2003 15:14 Re: ACk 1st time screwed [Re: tfabris]
jasonc

In reply to:

Sounds like you just need to turn off Auto Play on your computer.

I tried this, but none of the multitude of media players on any of my pc's are able to read it.

I don't blame Bill as all my previous Weird Al albums play fine.