Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#193343 - 13/12/2003 12:45 Replay Woes
Gleep

Loc: Iowa
Does anyone have any influence with the Replay people? My replay died on me (boots up with the please wait screen and never leaves it) and I called support and they said for $200.00 if I shipped them my Replay 4160 they would send me a refurbished one. The usps tracking page says it was delivered on Oct 7, 2003. I have called them 3 times and the story is always the same.

1. We haven't received your unit yet.

I give them the tracking#

2. We found your unit, but for some reason the shipping status on your unit was not approved, let me go ahead and approve that. You should receive your unit shortly.

Can you give me a shipping date?

3. The unit appears to be out of stock right now, so I guess I can't give you a shipping date, but we will ship you one as soon as it is available.

The only thing they have done is relieved me of my $200.00. Even if they don't have any units they should have been able to repair my unit by now.

I know SonicBlue was sold but that is no excuse for promising services that they can't deliver on.

#193344 - 13/12/2003 12:56 Re: Replay Woes [Re: Gleep]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
Was your $200 paid via credit card? If so, get their attention by calling your credit card company and telling them to reverse the charge. Or just threaten to do so. Be assertive with whoever is on the phone, and tell them you're going to reverse the charge unless they find your unit (or ship the replacement) *while your are on the phone*. If the person who's handling your call won't pass you on to someone more senior, hang up on them and call again to get someone else. This is the ONLY way to deal with these front-line customer service people, who are rated on how quickly they can dispense with your phone call, NOT on how they serve the customer.