Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#276246 - 20/02/2006 06:16 Privacy Software Recommendation for WinXP?
The Central Guy
enthusiast

Loc: San Diego, California USA
I've been looking at Media Wipe Privacy software for Windows XP.

http://www.mediarecover.com/historyeraser.html

Does anyone has any experience using this software or have a recommendation for another type of WinXP privacy software? I'm interested in something that I can run every few days that can help delete unwanted files on my PC, as well as delete and clean up all the temporary and other files left behind after editing sessions and even just browsing the Internet.

Thanks for any suggestions.....Randy

#276247 - 21/02/2006 02:14 Re: Privacy Software Recommendation for WinXP? [Re: The Central Guy]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
I wonder if, instead of erase the history, you could prevent it from ever being written. Maybe there's a registry hack or TweakUI mod to set the history to 0 days. Or, in my "big guns" style, modify the Access Control List on the history directories to deny permissions to everyone, including yourself and SYSTEM.