Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#299462 - 15/06/2007 16:55 Web Based MP3/FLAC Library
oliver
addict

Hi,
I've been playing around with various web-based music libraries with jukebox support (controlling the playlist of an mpd configured device). However, I haven't found anything which is amazing yet.

First I found Jinzora, which seems to work ok, but every now and then it will load a blank white page instead of whatever you clicked on (plus the structure of the php program is horrific, so trying to modify anything requires tracing the execution path through 40 or so functions)

Second I found mp3act, which seems like a winner, except it doesn't support flac and haven't put out a release in years.

Third I found (things to the BBS) Ampache, which seems to run great, however the skinning / themes seem be a little weak, as eventually this will be accessed via a touchscreen.

Jinzora really seems like the overall best choice, because I can create my own pages, modify what's displayed on others, and control which elements get huge fonts for the touchscreen.

I also need something which has a pretty decent playlist generator, I need to be able to add/remove tracks from a few saved playlists.

Thanks in advance!

#299463 - 18/06/2007 05:01 Re: Web Based MP3/FLAC Library [Re: oliver]
Cris
pooh-bah

Loc: Leeds, UK
I have used One Web in the past, it's great at making playlists but is very limited in other ways, basically to use all the features you have to be running windows and i could never figure out a way to make it play FLAC etc...

It's a great front end though.

I now use Slimserver which has the advantage of hardware support, but also has multiple software/streaming based solutions for playback on PC/Mac etc... The server software is free, it needs to run on a machine, but I guess any solution would and I am yet to find a better solution to mp3 playback.

Cheers

Cris.