I recently traveled to Atlanta from Hartsville, SC on the weekend of May 30-June 1 and I had a problem with my phone (t68i) not working. Actually, it didn't work at all. I could not receive a network signal once I passed the Augusta area. I just made it around to calling about it today and they told me that they had some problems with the network in the Atlanta area that weekend which could have caused my problems. The answers they gave were all vague and I didn't get a straight forward answer as to what really happened.

My question is this: Is there anyone on the board that lives in that area that had problems with their phone at all that weekend? I lost all service after leaving the Augusta area and did not gain service back until returning to that area. I have the preferred nation calling plan and my home calling area cuts off in Augusta. I'm concerned that the reason this occurred is because I was outside my home calling area, which should not be the case. Also, they informed me that they are updating that network in the area and changing it over from TDMA to GSM and that was the problem. They wanted me to buy a phone that supports both bands and I'm not sure that is really necessary. I would think that Atlanta would already be up-to-date on the GSM network but maybe my assumption is wrong.

Here's a picture of the preferred nation calling plan in that area (and I-20 is covered through the entire route but it is hard to tell) so I should have been covered with no problems.

Anyone have any ideas?
Could it be that I need to buy a new phone or do I need to complain to Cingular some more b/c they gave me the runaround?