I am way over my head here.

Until six weeks ago, my health insurance company let me send health claims as email attachments. This was only possible because I had as a "personal concierge" in the company a man who was a supervisor of the concierge system, and was allowed to accept emails with attachments. If you call the company's concierge system, you only get to talk to the "boiler room" people who can't accept emails, much less emails with attachments.

That supervisory position has been eliminated, and I am hung out to dry.

Sending the claims by regular mail is not practical. I'm in Mexico, the company is in Connecticut, mail takes literally weeks to get there (if it gets there at all) and is quite expensive.

However... the company will accept the claims if they are faxed. So, just get a fax machine and send them, right? Not over a VOIP phone line, as near as I can tell.

How about the eFax services? Send them the email with attachments and they'll fax it to the insurance company. But I end up paying a monthly fee of anywhere from $6.00 to upwards of $20 in order to send out one fax per month. That fax might contain anything from three pages to more than 100 pages, depending on how many and how complex the claims are.

But wait! I can get a USB Fax Modem for my computer that will show up as another printer, I send the files to that and somehow they magically get sent to the recipient's fax machine. But doesn't that Fax Modem have to send it through my VOIP phone line? Will that work? And looking at the Amazon reviews of the various Fax Modems, there is a high degree of unhappiness with them, frequently running 15% one-star, because many of them are incompatible with various operating systems (especially Windows 10) and even some motherboards, and seem to have an unusually high failure rate when they are compatible.

My VOIP service is OOMA. My computer is Windows 10. What should I do?

tanstaafl.