Yesterday, two separate events made me start thinking about trading in my 1999 Mustang. The first one was when I hit the 60,000 milestone on the way to get it inspected, the second one was when I forked over $850 to get it past inspection (broken secondary air pump, broken sensor in the emissions system, and rear brakes.) These events have me concerned that I'm at the point where I'll have to shell out significant coinage every year to keep my aging American ride running, and maybe it's a good time to break the cycle.

No sooner am I pondering this very thought when a commercial for the 2006 Dodge Charger comes on the tube. I was mesmerized by the car's looks, and after reading some reviews and previews, most notably this one, I'm drooling in anticipation of getting to test drive one. Of course I'm also going to take a hard look at the '05 Mustangs, but the idea of having four doors, an "autostick" tansmission, and more "luxury options" is quite appealing.

The one concern, of course, is empeg-friendliness, so does anyone here have a Dodge vehicle of recent vintage, or know if they're typically friendly with respect to installing aftermarket audio? I'm sure detailed install info won't be available for quite some time, but if anyone's installed an empeg in another Dodge vehicle lately, I'd like to hear about it.